Help! I use two-factor authentication and I locked myself out of my account!
We have a fairly strict two-factor authentication ("2FA") policy at BattleMetrics and in the interest of security, we do not like to reset or undo 2FA. To that extent, we encourage you to use one of the recovery codes that were generated when you enabled 2FA.
If, however, you do not have those recovery codes available, your options become more limited and you will have to contact our support at [email protected].
In order to reset 2FA on the account, we will need certainty that you are exercising actual authority over the account. The following list includes, but is not limited to, the methods of demonstrating actual authority over the account.
- An email sent to us from the PayPal email account associated with the BattleMetrics account.
- For credit card users, a demonstration that you know the last 4 digits of the card number, card type, and its expiration date.
- An email sent to us from the login email address associated with the BattleMetrics account.
- Changing the RCON password for any given RCON server connected to the account.
- Verification of a code that we send to a phone number associated with the BattleMetrics account.
- Questions designed to demonstrate your knowledge about the account. Questions may include the location of the last login, user nicknames, etc.
In applying for 2FA to be reset, you will likely have to comply with two (or more) of the above requirements in order for support to help you. Again, if you have recovery codes, use those before engaging in this tedious process.